What are the Technical Documents I need to Sell my Property?

What are the Technical Documents I need to Sell my Property?

Every real estate operation is related to a number of legal and technical documents. Knowing which documents are required in advance will save time and money in notaries, taxes and fees.

Depending on the type of property, there are documents required for all of them or specific for each case.

Two Documents are Required for all Cases.

  1. Energy performance certificate (EPC-CEE). It is mandatory for all kinds of properties. It has to be done by an external architect or technician and registered at the energy board.
  2. Second habitation certificate. It is a document granted by the town hall certifying the habitability conditions of a property. This certificate has a validity of ten years and has to be renewed at any transmission of the property. However, an external architect has to elaborate a report including the description of the property, surfaces and habitability conditions according to the current regulations.

What happens with Terraces, Detached Houses and Villas?

In these cases, it is necessary to analyze the situation, in order to define which documents will be required. The operation has to begin by comparing the information declared in the Title Deeds, Catastro with reality. From that point possible scenarios can happen:

  1. Discrepancies between the registered surface of the plot and/or building and the reality. In these cases, the real state has to be declared by providing a descriptive document including topographical measurement including geo-referenced coordinates, which has to be validated by the Catastro authorities.
  2. Extensions, annexed buildings. Usually, extensions of the main building or annexed elements, such as BBQ, summer kitchens, storages, terraces, carports or pools have been built after the first inscription of the property and are not recorded either at the Land Registry or the Catastro. In these cases, the document with the topographical measurements must include all annexed buildings, which have to be described and valued. This document is the newly built declaration, which will be used to inscribe the current state of the property at the Land Registry and validated by the Catastro authority. This action can be done at the same time when the property is transferred to a new owner.
  3. Extensions and/or annexed elements without building license. In this case, in addition to the previous document, the certificate has to include the age of the constructions built within license, which must be older than fifteen years, and declare if they can be allowed according to building regulations. It is always advisable to apply at the town hall for an urban report and a certificate granting that the property has not any open file for urban infractions.
  4. Rustic land and buildings. In these cases, the document has to include the description of the property, surfaces, habitability conditions, accordance to the building regulations, age and topographical measurements of land and buildings.

Our professional services in these cases begin with the analysis of the title deeds provided by the customer and a visit to the property. Our goal is to minimize costs, reducing the number of documents required to sell a property following the regulations and the specific requirements of the administration, solicitors and notaries.

Please do not hesitate to contact us; we will be delighted to help you.

Javier Leonardo Rímolo Arquitecto
Rimolo & Grosso

0034 606616084
0034 962962324