Insurance Javea Costa Blanca Spain

Insurance – Answers to Frequently Asked Questions!

How to proceed in the event of an accident?

To avoid further accidents, park to the side of the roadway; switch on the emergency lights, put on your reflective vest and position the triangles, check to see if there is a risk of falling, flammable liquid, etc., disengage the damaged vehicle, lift the handbrake and assess the state of the victims (speak with them).
From an emergency S.O.S. telephone or a mobile phone, indicating where the accident took place (roadway, kilometre, etc.), type of accident, number of vehicles and victims and their apparent state.
If people have been injured, our priority is to ensure they receive adequate and timely medical attention. Notify medical emergencies or the Civil Guard or Police directly, as they will take care of the corresponding notification. Injured individuals are not to be moved under any circumstance. However, we must remain aware of the habitual first-aid procedures.

In the event any of the individuals involved should die, we must take special precaution not to alter their body position until the proper authority arrives

How to proceed in the event of a breakdown?

Use the warning triangles to alert your presence:

In two-way roads, place one triangle in front of the car and another behind, at a minimum distance of 50m, whereby they are visible at least 100m beforehand.
In dual carriageways and motorways one triangle will suffice, positioned at least 50m before the obstacle.

Notify the roadside assistance company and explain your situation in detail, helping them to locate you as soon as possible.

What do I do if I want to include a young driver on my policy?

Your current schedule/certificate of Insurance shows who is covered to drive your vehicle. If you need to add any young driver you need to call your insurance broker or insurance company.

An additional premium may be charged.

What do I do when my house has been affected by a forest fire?

You must contact your insurance broker or insurance company as soon as possible. They help us to claim from Insurance Compensation Consortium

Am I able to transfer my No Claim Discount from my previous Insurer?

If you have earned no claims bonus in an EU country this can be used towards your new policy in Spain. All insurers will accept written proof from your previous insurance company.

If I have a mortgage on my house, can I insure it where I want?

Indeed, the only thing that it’s necessary to do is to include in your policy a clause saying that in case of a claim, the beneficiary is the bank

What do I do if I want to change from one insurer to another?

It’s necessary to warn your current insurer that you do not wish to renew, always in writing, and with a minimum of a month before renewal date. If you pay your insurance through your bank, also we recommend to cancel the authorization of payment, just in case. Finally if who has done the insurance is your own bank, they’ll give you trouble to prevent you from cancelling it. Even so, the procedure is the same: Registered letter directly to your insurer with a minimum of 30 days of anticipation and, in addition, cancellation of the authorization of payment to your own bank, always in writing.

Can my bank force me to take a life insurance or a house insurance when I ask them for a mortgage or a personal loan?

Never, but usually all of them do it. Just remember that you can take your insurances wherever you want. If you sign with them when they are going to pay you, there will be conflict of interest.

More Questions?

If you have any questions regarding Insurance, speak with your local friendly insurance broker.

We can offer you advice on all types of insurance, from  car, home, commercial, health and travel  through to Jet Ski, motorbike or caravan; we can help with all aspects of insurance.

Franco Valori
Hermanos Chorro
Nº Reg. Correduría: VS-98-0130
Telf. 96 579 60 71